PEA HARVESTER DRIVER
- Ashburton, New Zealand
Talley’s is a successful and well known brand, operating several plants throughout the South Island, as well as having many diversified interests in seafood, frozen vegetables, meat and dairy products. We currently have vacancies available at our Fairton Plant located 10 minutes drive from Ashburton.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager and working alongside our field team you will primarily be responsible for the harvesting of our fresh from the field peas.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A minimum of a class 2 and heavy wheels endorsement on your licence (we can assist successful candidates with obtaining their wheels endorsement)
- Experience would be an advantage although not essential.
- A can-do attitude and be a great team player
- Attention to detail and take pride in completing tasks to a high standard
- A focus on Health and Safety
In return we can offer:
- Modern Harvest Equipment
- A challenging but rewarding work environment
- Competitive remuneration rates depending on experience
- 12 hour shifts on a 6 on 1 off roster
- Fixed day or night shifts
- Potentially additional work post pea harvest as we move into our Corn and Potato Storage season
Talleys operate a drug free environment. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening. Applicants will need to be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand