Head, Human Resources
Our client is a leading retail company with nationwide operations delivering fashion and lifestyle products and experiences to Nigerians. The company’s core business is focused on aspirational fashion brands and we have built great business relationships with top designer brands.
Their distribution channels include brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce and wholesale distributors. The company has grown over the last ten years to become the retailer of choice within the fashion retail sector of the Nigerian economy.
As the Head of Human Resources, you will be responsible for building, establishing, and leading our global HR agenda. The main goal is to support transforming the business into a contemporary high-performance team in order to reach company goals. Operating on a global level, the growing HR team is specialized in several impact areas covering the entire employee life cycle – from Employer Branding, Aligning HR to business strategies, workplace compliance, administration & Payroll to Talent Management.
- Develop overall corporate HR strategies and policies
- Engage and partner with unit leaders and the board to identify business challenges and opportunities, and create HR solutions
- Partners with Leadership Team by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems, and processes
- Coach and Consult Business leaders on HR agendas and provide HR guidance
- Manages HR operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements and costs
- Evaluate talent needs, and oversee recruitment strategies and succession planning initiatives
- Ensure regulatory compliance across the organisation in accordance with local legislation
- Guides the organisation through research, development, and updating of policies.
- Updates HR and industry knowledge by participating in conferences and networking opportunities.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in the field of Human Resources & Talent management experience. Ideally, you would have led a team.
- Experience reporting to a board.
- You have (co-)developed and successfully implemented HR strategy or strategy elements; you know what “great” looks like. You have “hands-on” approach and are not scared of getting things done yourself and through the team. You see end-to-end picture and execute it.
- You can connect with your stakeholders, and you are recognized as a solid HR counterpart both for your functional HR knowledge, and for your ability to translate business needs into HR plans and actions.
- You can ruthlessly prioritize people- and organization-driven tasks using analytical and data-driven approach in argumentation, measuring HR goals and KPIs to support data-based decision making
- You possess sound knowledge of the nigerian labour law & experience in the impact areas of HR/Organizational development
- You have hands-on attitude, and you are thriving from getting things executed. You are execution-focused business enabler as well as strategic advisor to executives/ managers.
- You work with the focus to impact rather than just solve problems, showing empathy with a high degree of integrity, strong communication skills and service orientation
- You are structured, independent, proactive, and creative mindset to contribute to our international HR Team in setting up all employees for Success
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great stakeholder management abilities