- Pleasanton Ave, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Security Engineer Summary
The Security Engineer position is part of the enterprise Cyber Defense team responsible for incident response, & threat intelligence.
Security Engineer essential functions
- React to alerts from security infrastructure tools or intelligence and take necessary actions to stop or divert the security risk.
- Respond to escalation requests either via the Helpdesk, SOC’s or other IT teams
- Tune security events and co-relation from applicable security products and sources
- Document security related processes and procedures to help secure, mature and/or enhance the security of the environment
- Produce a monthly security operations dashboard with key performance indicators (incidents, metrics, security threats, intelligence etc.)
- 24x7 On Call duties apply
- With log correlation, you can identify potential attack patterns on your network and proactively, change existing rules to fine-tune your alerts, Detect anomalies, track critical security events, and monitor user behaviors with predefined reports
Security Engineer Requirements
- 2 years of FireEye, NAC, Antivirus, File Integrity Management, Intrusion Presentation, Network Firewalls, Application Firewalls, Web Proxy, Logging & Monitoring, and DLP experience
- 2 years of security event response and correlation from key security products and services experience (network traffic analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis, etc.)
- 2 years of experience with Operating systems, host security and Network security fundamentals (policies, encryption, configuration)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information Security.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status is required.