IT Manager - Java Engineering
- 5130 Hacienda Dr, Dublin, CA 94568, USA
Urgent need for a Java Engineering IT Manager to join an enterprise team to perform business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level. Coordinates and participates full systems development life cycle activities, and internal business consulting in the support of the company’s application server platforms. Highly visible, directly interfaces to the application delivery, operations, security, and disaster recovery teams.
• Determines the code development and deployment approach for the project
• Enforces systems design and architectural standards, establishes / maintains best practices and drives the principles throughout the systems delivery lifecycle
• Takes a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new infrastructure functions and technologies
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and transitioning standards for applications system software and middleware support processes. Accountable for staffing 3rd level production support related activities for enterprise platforms.
• Recognized as the go-to developer for a product or major sub-system and is a leader in their specialized field.
• Supports existing production platforms
o Defines and prioritizes problems and enhancements requests
o Oversees related development activities (whether they are internal or external)
o Ensures the related infrastructure fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and key partners) and that the implementation of these changes in production meets a 99% success threshold
o Ensures implementation and support resources receive appropriate training and existing documentation is updated accurately
o Ensures all support activities are executed on time and under budget
o Ensure the infrastructure availability meets the SLA’s
• Responsible for account management through regular contact with IT teams to understand technical and non-functional requirements. Brings knowledge of industry best practices and applies that information in discussing enhancements to existing technology or new technology solutions that may address those needs
• Participates in companywide project priority setting. Creates a cohesive team of highly trained professionals, external technical experts and key users and coordinates their efforts in the support of existing production infrastructure platforms and in the execution of new projecting, ensuring that:
o Detailed standards and processes are maintained, covering the entire systems development life cycle (SDLC)
o Requirements and standards are defined accurately
o Platforms are designed or purchased to meet the defined requirements
o Detailed platform designs and training plans are comprehensive and are executed successfully
o All required system and user documentation is created accurately and consistently
o Deliverables are completed on time to ensure projects meet their schedules and are on/under budget
• At least 10 years of experience supporting enterprise infrastructure platforms
• 10 years of hands on experience in the development and design of functional and non-functional technical specifications for complex systems
• Deep knowledge of contemporary architectural principles across all three architectural domains; Application, Data and Infrastructure
• Experience with Applications servers including Web-Logic, Apache / Tomcat, Oracle OAS/OHS; and Oracle SOA/ADF/Web Center platforms
• Experience with Hadoop Big Data platforms
• Background in engineering Linux Based systems
• A solid understanding of industry best practices for delivering and supporting infrastructure in retail; or similar industries
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
• Technically competent; able to supervise internal analysts, engineers, architects, consultants and external vendor resources
• Background in working with application servers, middleware, solid Java Development background, understanding of architecture and experience managing teams.
• Working experience with Oracle Databases v11/v12, MS Sql server 2008/2012, Oracle Exalogic/Supercluster Engineered Systems
• Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
Yes, you’ll manage several technical members of the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.