IT Manager – Host Security
- 5130 Hacienda Dr, Dublin, CA 94568, USA
Great opportunity to be a Sr. IT Manager responsible for Endpoint Security also known as Host Security Delivery. You’ll get to evaluate, select and implement solutions to address current and future business needs for Security Delivery. Highly visible role with IT executives and directly interfacing with the business community. Host-based protection offers the opportunity to escape the firefighting of patch management and puts you in a solutions mindset.
• Manage project delivery resources of security architects, engineers, analysts and operators, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
• Coordinate project delivery efforts with other teams such as security operations, network operations/architecture, governance & risk, technology engineering.
• Communicate project and operational metrics & ensure that new designs meet those standards.
• Interprets information security and compliance requirements and develops plans to align company security infrastructure to those requirements
• Coordinate strategic plans, tactical plans, project plans, service transition and contracts. Make sure there are no unpatched hosts.
• Serve as project delivery issue escalation and communication point for security delivery challenges.
• Assist with management of a multi-million-dollar budget (capital and expense). Maintain relationships with vendors
• Career should be focused on endpoint security, being keen with host security and planning a roadmap for data security & general network security of the enterprise.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience; i.e: shown upward movement in recent positions.
• Minimum 3 years in supervisory position of security related staff/projects – managing engineers.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely & across multiple time zones
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situations, negotiate solutions, resolve conflicts, and drive projects to completion.
• Personal application firewalls, Operating system protection, Host-based IPS
Preferred qualifications for the IT Manager of Host Security Delivery:
• Good understanding and knowledge of Endpoint/Host security concepts, processes and general trends in the industry
• Implement the appropriate controls to ensure data security & routers security, firewalls security, gateways security, switches security (layer 3 (L3)), TCP/IP security, hubs security, and endpoint security.
• Experience with delivery of specific technologies to secure endpoint systems i.e., anti-malware, advanced threat detection, security incident & event management(SIEM), behavior analytics, mobile device management (MDM) security
• Experience architecting, designing, & building Host infrastructure & leading/ participating in day-to-day project delivery activities
• Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
• Some travel may be required
- Comprehensive benefits package plus bonuses