Senior Network Security Engineer
- 5130 Hacienda Dr, Dublin, CA 94568, USA
Currently seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer for an excellent opportunity to join an enterprise team with a retail leader in Dublin, CA. The ideal candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of Information Security experience and at least 8 years with a large organization.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Security Engineer
• Responsible for envisioning and taking steps to implement security improvements to protect our clients’ information and assets.
• Lead initiatives that harden the network security posture and capabilities from concept through delivery.
• Capable of delivering projects related to host security. Including defining and following discrete procedures and protocols to ensure integrity and compliance.
• Lead the product area strategy, roadmap, design and vendor, product due-diligence functions.
• Serve as a liaison to the other Information Security and IT functional groups, influencing outcomes as appropriate.
• You’ll be the Network Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing 3rd level production support & InfoSec.
• Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Security solutions in support of development, test, and production environments.
Requirements of the Senior Network Security Engineer
• Minimum 10 years of Information Security experience and at least 8 years with a large organization
• In-depth knowledge of network security products such as Firewalls/Next Generation Firewalls, Web Security, Intrusion Detection, Prevention Systems, Sandboxing, Data Loss Prevention, SSL, VPN and Network Access Control (NAC)
• Strong knowledge of current security space with general understanding of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information on the security landscape
• Knowledge of host security products such as File Integrity Management, Antivirus, anti-virus, Anti-Malware, Application Whitelisting (AWL), Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP), Certificates, Authentication, Directory Services, and Identity Management
• Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies
• Palo Alto Networks experience
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
• Experts with either Websense Content Gateway (Content Gateway), Palo Alto Networks, SSL Decryption, and/or Application ID Firewalling - App-ID (you don't have to be experts in everything listed here, but at least with 1 or 2 of these skills.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.