Senior IT Manager (Patch Management)
- Dublin, CA
Currently looking for a Patch Management IT professional to fill a senior level position in Dublin, CA. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree with 10-15 years of experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities.
• Drive evaluation, product selection, implementation and administration of tools to provide efficiencies in packaging, testing and deployment of software patches.
• Coordinate work efforts with other teams such as business portfolios, vulnerability team, infrastructure management, security operations, governance & risk. Communicate project and operational metrics.
• Manage a staff of patching engineers and analysts, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
• Manage the recruitment, retention, and career development of team. This includes managing, mentoring, and leading internal and external staff as defined in project structures.
• Develop action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports and other management communications intended to improve the patch management program.
• Define, develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans, negotiate projects, services and contracts with partners, service providers and consulting firms.
• Participate in strategic planning and annual budgeting process.
• Stay informed about the latest developments in software patching, including new products and services, through online news services, technical magazines, professional association memberships, industry conferences, special training seminars, and other methods.
• Manage a multi-million-dollar budget (capital and expense). Maintain relationships with vendors.
• Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations (ie. PCI, SOX, HIPPA) and industry standards related to information security and privacy, so that the enterprise is warned and is ready to be fully compliant with these requirements.
• Some travel may be required.
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Graduate degree preferred
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities
• Minimum 10 years of progressive IT experience with at least 8 years in Infrastructure and software support
• Minimum 5 years in supervisory position of infrastructure support staff
• Solid understanding of industry best practices for Patch Management; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions and resolving conflicts
• Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI
• Technically competent; able to supervise internal engineer, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager preferred
• Ability to travel as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.