Senior Governance Administrator
- Contract Type: Permanent contract
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
Are you looking for a role which allows you to further develop your Governance and writing skills, whilst developing detailed knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Governance Administrator within our Smart Energy Code Administrator and Secretariat (SECAS) team.
The successful candidate will work within the SECAS team to provide administrative support to Technical Sub-Committees by co-ordinating meeting papers and drafting detailed minutes, organising and facilitating meetings and communicating industry developments.
This role will focus on stakeholder management of the Data Communications Company (DCC) and committee members, provision of high-quality documentation in the form of meeting papers, minutes, guidance documents and newsletter content.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, require strong communication skills, excellent written skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities.
The SECAS team itself comprises over 30 motivated individuals who pride themselves on quality of delivery while also fostering a collaborative and fun atmosphere. We operate a hybrid working approach with a mix of office and remote working, with the team expected to be in Gemserv’s London office for part of the week.
- Coordinating multiple committee meetings, including arranging online and in-person meetings and managing membership and attendees;
- Preparing meeting documentation and actively managing meeting actions to secure timely updates;
- Drafting meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Contributing to monthly reporting on team activities carried out;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships with the Independent Chairs of the committees, the Data Communications Company and industry stakeholders;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and consistency, and acting as a quality gatekeeper;
- Continuously improving team processes , comfortable challenging the status quo; and
- Ensuring we meet our service levels by working to deadlines.
Competitive salary, depending on experience plus an excellent benefits package
Successful candidates will also need:
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- have good stakeholder management skills with the ability and confidence to influence peers;
- have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering (desirable);
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre; and
- have an understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
Reward and recognition schemes
Private Bupa healthcare
Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
Matched pension contributions
Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to work scheme
Buy and Sell annual leave
Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
Corporate gym rates
Employee Assistance Programme
Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar