- London, United Kingdom
- Contract Type: Permanent contract
For more than 15 years, Talan has been advising companies and administrations, supporting them and implementing their transformation projects in France and abroad. With a presence on four continents, the group anticipates revenue of €500 million in 2022, for a headcount of more than 3,500 consultants.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh and Chester, Leeds.
The role is for an IT developer within the collateral management IT department to contribute to projects which are a combination of technical enhancements and functional changes. The successful candidate will be working with a highly motivated professional team who take pride in the quality of their output and this will be expected to be continued. He/She will be involved in all aspects of development from reviewing initial functional specifications through to technical specification, coding, unit testing, UAT support, regression testing and deployment. For this role the candidate is required to have, good SQL and very strong Java skills.
Responsible for implementing both new initiatives and enhancements to existing functionality to meet business needs, regulatory needs and for overall platform maintenance/resolution of technical debt. Delivering high quality technical solutions according to technical design and functional requirements. Significant contributor to technical designs. Developing the platform whilst ensuring integrity of existing production processes.
Will participate in all development stages from detailed design, development, unit testing and delivery. Progressing topics either autonomously or as part of the extended team with offshore developers, assisting more junior team members where required.
Provide production support of delivered software as and when required, going the extra mile for major production incidents, participating in out of hours/intraday support rotas as required.
Engagement with BA/PMs to provide input into analysis tasks.
Reporting and escalation to PM and Tech leads ensuring visibility of progress, risks and issues.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have delivered value on projects
within the investment banking sector. Strong development skills are an absolute
prerequisite for this role.
- Experienced at developing technical solutions.
- Experience of developing both new systems and modification of existing systems.
- Ability to translate functional specifications into appropriate technical solutions.
- Contribute to high level technical designs
- Resolving technical debt whist maintaining system integrity
- High standard of documentation, including writing clear and concise design documentation
- Ability to write comprehensive unit tests
- Good knowledge of Java, Spring, SQL, messaging, Camel and Hibernate
- Web applications development
- LONDON 50% On-site