Project Manager (Shopify Agency)
- Rocklin Rd, Rocklin, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Our agency designs, develops, and optimizes Shopify Plus websites for some of the fastest growing eCommerce brands on the planet.
Tako Agency, a fast-growing, fun, and talented bunch is seeking an experienced Tech Lead with Shopify experience to join our gang!
The Tech Lead (TL) will work in close proximity to the Technical Project Manager and the rest of the Tako leadership team.
- Understand the development process within an Agile context
- Day-to-day management of the development team, including daily check-ins and standups
- Management of tickets throughout the development process, from assignment to delivery
- Maintaining acceptance criteria for tickets throughout the development process, and ensure that the development team is on-track with meeting expectations
- Working directly with the TPM on technical requirements and ticket requirements
- Triaging bugs and client issues as they come in; involve the TPM where required
- Use Shopify knowledge to assist team members with product knowledge and development
- Ensure that ticket requirements are met before a ticket is passed through to Code Review + QA
- Ensuring that projects meet deadlines and that developers are well-educated in project deadlines
- Assist the QA team with QA tasks and processes; oversees that QA requirements are met
- Tracking and monitoring workload for all development team members and makes recommendations for adjustments to workload accordingly
TL;DR We need an experienced dev wrangler with a background in e-commerce, specifically Shopify
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
There is a LOT of room to grow at our Agency for the right person, and we always promote from within wherever possible. Pay is fair and competitive, with lots of opportunities for generous raises and bonuses. We pride ourselves on recognizing and rewarding great talent. Our company culture encourages fun, bonding, and a great balance of work and personal life. Work from home anywhere in the world. (And no, you don't have to turn on your video in Google Meet if you don't want to. We're not sadists.)
ABOUT TAKO AGENCY
We are a fully remote Shopify-focused agency providing design and development services to brands big and small. Our leadership team is based in the US, with additional team members around the world. We value honesty, transparency, and dedication in our team.
So! If we haven't completely scared the sh*t out of you by now, maybe you’ve got what it takes to run the jungle with us! Please apply, and in your cover letter, please tell us your favorite taco filling.
Applications that do not contain this information will be tossed directly into the bin--attention to detail, ya feel?
We look forward to hearing from you!
SKILLS YOU MUST HAVE
- Confidence in the workplace. This is no role for a shrinking violet or anyone who is afraid of conflict and/or bringing down the hammer when necessary. You'll be assisting in overseeing a team of 10+ developers across the world, and it's your responsibility to keep them on track, in line, challenged, and happy. This is NO SMALL FEAT!
- Management experience. See above.
- A good sense of humor, and the ability to hit the /giphy command on Slack at lightning speed.
- High standards + attention to detail. We put out incredible work for our clients and that's because we do not compromise on what we deliver.
- Being able to hold people accountable. Be fair but firm; encourage your team to do their best and give them the tools they need to be successful.
- Be able to run fast. No, not physically--but rather, we need you to be able to sprint alongside us. Sometimes work days are like that! Things in an agency move along quickly and if you're easily overwhelmed, can't multitask, or need 5 hour-long breaks just to get through the day....this is not the job for you, my friend.
- Be able to work on PST or EST time.
- Be able to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per week to this job.
SOFTWARE WE USE:
Jira + Asana (for project management)
HubStaff for time tracking