- 1129 Manhattan Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Tacolicious is a San Francisco-based Cal-Mexican restaurant group focused on service that’s considered but casual; spaces that are quirky but cool; and food that has finesse without fuss. What started out as a little stand at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market in 2009 is now made up of five full-service locations, as well as a tequila + mezcal bar and a cantina. We believe community is critical, which is why the Tacolicious School Project has raised over $1M for public schools!
This position demands someone who has a passionate love and appreciation of good food and drink (particularly tacos and margaritas) to join our culinary team. You are a proven leader with remarkable work ethic, financial savvy and a love of managing teams and welcoming guests. High volume and catering experience a must.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that proudly reflects the Tacolicious brand
- Possess a passion for learning the cuisine and flavors of Mexico
- Support and work closely with the Managing Partner by ensuring all BOH aspects of the restaurant are running efficiently
- Work closely with Managing Partner and Corporate Culinary team to increase sales and profitability and to exceed budgeted financial benchmarks
- Manage weekly scheduling while evaluating labor daily to ensure budget is met
- Responsible for the hiring, training and supervising of all cooks and culinary staff
- Oversee the ordering and receiving process, weekly inventory and storage and rotation of food
- Manage daily preparation including prep, station set up, and execution of service daily
- Maintain cleanliness standards, with a keen eye for organization and efficiency
- Inspire, lead and motivate the culinary staff with a positive attitude that reflects brand
- Contribute toward the creation of seasonal and authentic culinary dishes
- Ensure that standards of culinary department are consistently met and strive to exceed those expectations through daily efforts and practices
- Exude discipline, passion, dedication, strong work ethic and excellent culinary technique
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, PC literate, experience with Excel and other financial reporting programs; Communication is essential!
- Competitive salary + full benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Achievable bonus program
- The opportunity to become a part of a fun and growing company
- Lots and lots of tacos
- Being part of our awesome Tacolicious familia
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.