User Support Journey Engineer (m/f)
- Vienna, Austria
Launched in 2007, Tricentis has endeavored to make automation available to everyone and gained recognition worldwide with Tosca, a cutting-edge test automation tool. Making automation easy even for those who have limited to no programming experience. This success lead to the development of a revolutionary qTest tool, with three core principals in mind; Resilience in automation, Simple maintenance and Ease of use.
We’re always looking for employees to help us continue our winning streak. Employees who are talented, dynamic and versatile – it doesn’t matter whether they are entry-level or seasoned pros. Not only do we at Tricentis require a lot from our employees, but we also offer them a lot in return because everything that we at Tricentis have to offer revolves around one objective: promoting your development, individuality, creativity and flexibility.
We are located worldwide, founded in Vienna, Austria and offices in Germany, Switzerland, the UK, the Netherlands, Poland, India, the US, and Australia.
The User Support/Journey Engineer is responsible for taking care of the questions and needs of existing SpecFlow users and community members. These needs will oftentimes appear in the shape of problem tickets and feature requests but should also be anticipated by you, so you can work on providing information or implementing nurturing workflows that will prevent such inquiries because everything is already clear enough for our users. In this role you are crucially vital for our success as happy users means more users and wider adoption of our tools.
You will work as part of the cross-functional SpecFlow (https://specflow.org/) product team. An independently operated and branded unit inside of Tricentis. This leads to high self-responsibility and the opportunity to apply all your expertise on how to keep users happy.
- Become intimately familiar with the use of our software SpecFlow and SpecFlow+
- Manage our User Support Tickets in Zendesk, on GitHub and in our Forum
- Experiment yourself and facilitate with other team members to arrive at the answers
- Update our documentation (ReadTheDocs.com) based on the interactions you have
- Suggest product improvements based on the user feedback you gathered
- Implement other user nurturing techniques to prevent inquiries and better our user’s product experience by providing the right information at the right time of the user life cycle
- Take ownership of the problems of our users as part of a cross-functional product team
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest trends related to your field
- Contribute to team ceremonies, such as stand ups, estimation, and brainstorming sessions
- Continually contribute to and challenge decisions made by the team to ensure the best outcome
- Be comfortable with change: we are building very new products and we are continuously evaluating if we are on track with customers and internal stakeholders. Sometimes we will need to pivot and get back to the drawing board
- High energy and excited to join a small team in startup-mode
- Comfortable and productive in a remote work (home office) setting
- Ability to travel 15% (mostly within Europe)
- 2+ years of experience working for a software company
- BSc, MSc or HTL degree related to software engineering/development
- Object Oriented development skills either Java or C# (or other)
- Tools: Zendesk, Mailchimp, GitHub, Git, Visual Studio, Markdown, ReadTheDocs, Wordpress
- Able to work and communicate exclusively in English
- Experience with handling Customers (in easy and difficult situations)
- Familiar with TDD/ATDD and BDD
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum and KanBan)
- Experience in test automation (e.g., with Jest, Cypress, Selenium, …)
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Track record of working independently with minimal supervision
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead
- Opportunity to work in a company with a real global mindset of more than 50 nationalities
- Collaborative working atmosphere with flat hierarchy
- Career opportunities and a wide range of responsibilities within the core job e.g. through participation in projects or initiatives, moving to another role, department or country
- Numerous programs in place like Give back to communities (paid time off to volunteer for a cause of your heart), Diversity & Inclusion, Global Learning days, …
- We celebrate and socialize as a team and therefore host numerous social events throughout the year globally as well as by engaging as a team in global contests
- Competitive attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time (no core time) and permanent, full-time employment
And many more ...
Go ahead and apply for the #1 company in continuous testing & #1 city with the best quality of living. Following Austrian law we are indicating the minimum salary at EUR 27.846,- gross p.a. for this position according to the IT Collective Agreement. However, our attractive compensation packages follow current market salaries and can therefore be significantly above the indicated minimum salary.