Director of Software Engineering
- Vienna, Austria
With the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. Through agile test management and advanced test automation optimized to support 150+ technologies, we provide automated insight into the business risks of your software releases—transforming testing from a roadblock to a catalyst for innovation. The result is accelerated software delivery speed, improved cost efficiency, and reduced business risk.
Tricentis is the only vendor to achieve “leader” status in all three top analyst reports (i.e., the “Triple Crown”). This honor is based on our technical leadership, innovation, and a Global 2000 customer base of 1500+ companies, including global enterprises such as Allianz, Cisco, Dolby, First Data, HSBC, Office Depot, Samsung, Starbucks, Vodafone, Whole Foods, and WorldPay. Customers rely on Tricentis to achieve and sustain test automation rates of over 90 percent—increasing risk coverage while accelerating testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps.
Tricentis has a global presence in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, the UK and United States.
We are seeking a Software Engineering leader who empowers team members to do their best while holding them accountable to a higher standard of growth, accomplishment, and results. In this newly-created director role, you will be bringing industry standards and best practices to a development engineering team. Your duties will cover the following:
- Serve as a hands-on member of the Software Engineering and Product leadership team
- Partner with Product management, Support and other department heads leading efforts to define and implement an integrated and comprehensive product roadmap predictably and according to tight timelines
- Drive an effective, efficient, and agile software development process across multiple Development teams in partnership with Product management to ensure sound requirements definition and estimation, product build and delivery, and product launch
- Evolve the technical architecture to utilize the latest/progressive, SaaS, mobile, analytics/AI technologies and tools in support of an established diverse and evolving product suite
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement, quality and innovation; maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies, work with team to continually assess impact of new technologies and roadmaps against strategic business needs
- Ensure that development lifecycle processes meet internal and customer requirements for quality and security
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a growing development team predominantly located in Vienna, Austria and other European development centers
- At least 5 years of Senior Software development leadership experience
- Significant depth in software development in a fast-paced, product-driven software company, including having shipped multiple products
- Experience and understanding of modern architectures, patterns, development processes and tools, and driving strategic architecture efforts
- Must have a track record of success in job performance and progression and the proven ability to both build credibility with senior management team and motivate teams
- Successfully led, developed and managed software development teams to deliver products and solutions on time and on budget
- A mix of large and small/mid-market company experience would be preferable
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Technical depth and ability to work hands-on with team in product design, architecture design and system problem-solving
- Assertive in style, but respectful of others, and skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas
- Team-oriented with the ability to develop and coach a team and earn their respect
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively share and engage internal stakeholders and team members
- Must contribute and thrive in a dynamic high paced environment
- High energy, self-motivated, and hands-on management style
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement using an analytic and metrics-based approach
- Dedicated to success
- Valid work permit for Austria
- Flexible working hours (no core time)
- Attractive salary plus bonus
- Equity package
- Relocation package
- Professional & personal development
And many more ...
Do you want to guide our development engineering team in order to increase their efficiency, engagement, and to directly impact our customers’ satisfaction? JOIN US!
We are under legal obligation in Austria to indicate the minimum salary, which is EUR 58.926 gross per year for this position according to the IT collective agreement. However, our attractive compensation packages follow current market salaries and can therefore be significantly above the indicated minimum salary.