Junior Legal Counsel EMEA (m/f)
- Vienna, Austria
With the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. Through agile test management and advanced test automation optimized to support 150+ technologies, we provide automated insight into the business risks of your software releases—transforming testing from a roadblock to a catalyst for innovation. The result is accelerated software delivery speed, improved cost efficiency, and reduced business risk.
Tricentis is the only vendor to achieve “leader” status in all three top analyst reports (i.e., the “Triple Crown.”) This honor is based on our technical leadership, innovation, and a Global 2000 customer base of 1500+ companies, including global enterprises such as Allianz, Cisco, Dolby, First Data, HSBC, Office Depot, Samsung, Starbucks, Vodafone, Whole Foods, and WorldPay. Customers rely on Tricentis to achieve and sustain test automation rates of over 90 percent—increasing risk coverage while accelerating testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps.
With our headquarter in Vienna, Austria, we have achieved global growth with offices in Germany, Switzerland, the UK, the Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, India, the US, Australia and Singapore.
We are looking for a highly qualified Junior Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our EMEA business to join our legal team in Austria and have an immediate impact. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management and our sales team about all relevant issues. This position will require you to possess excellent business judgment, strategic outlook and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment..
- Review, negotiate, and modify all documents that are, or may be, legally binding on the Company, more specifically in relation to the Sales Organization
- Review all contractual documents (including but not limited to those related to Sales, Partnerhships, Marketing, Vendors, Consultants, and SubContractors), as well as other documents that may have a legal implication for the company, and determine the contractual and/or legal obligation for the company. Assure that all contracts contain all appropiate terms and conditions. This includes new contracts as well as existing contracts as needed.
- Modify contracts as necessary to meet company objectives and to ensure the proper legal protection of the company. Draft contract and/or legal language when needed. Prepare and respond to contract or legal correspondence when necessary.
- Conduct contract negotiations, internally and externally. Clean up and finalize contracts once the negotiations have concluded. Review contracts for additional changes after executed by the other party
- Advocate Revenue Recognition, as well as ensure compliance with Revenue Recognition for all sales deals.
- Review of Proposals, and draft language for Proposals as needed. Work closely with the Sales organization in responding to inquire regarding contracts, proposals, revenue recognition and other.
- University degree in Law or J.D. degree (or similar)
- Proven experience as a junior legal counsel in business environment (at least 3 year of experience) - preferably in a software company, required
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Opportunity to work in a company with a real global mindset of more than 50 nationalities
- Favorable working atmosphere with flat hierarchy, modern office in Vienna with facilities like e.g. table soccer, darts, PS4 and partially relaxation areas
- Career opportunities and a wide range of responsibilities within the core job e.g. through participation in projects or initiatives, moving to another role, department or country
- Numerous programs in place like Give back to communities (paid time off to volunteer for a cause of your heart), Diversity & Inclusion, Global Learning days, …
- We celebrate and socialize as a team and therefore host numerous social events throughout the year globally as well as by engaging as a team in global contests or even health initiatives
- Job ticket for free public transportation
- Competitive attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time (no core time) and permanent, full-time employment
And many more ...
Eager to work in a fast-growing, innovative and highly motivated company where your single contribution counts to the company's success? Go ahead and apply! We look forward to receiving your application.
We are under legal obligation in Austria to indicate the minimum salary, which is EUR 35.784,- gross per year for this position according to the IT collective agreement. However, our attractive compensation packages follow current market salaries and can therefore be significantly above the indicated minimum salary.