Global Technical Product Manager
- 6000 Kolding, Denmark
TPI Composites is a global provider of structural composites products and the largest U.S. based independent manufacturer of composites wind blades to major turbine manufacturers in the United States, Europe, and Asia. It enables many of the industry’s leading wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), which have historically relied on in-house production, to outsource the manufacturing of some of their wind blades through its global footprint of advanced manufacturing facilities strategically located to serve large and growing wind markets in a cost-effective manner.
The Global Technical Product Manager will lead the global technical efforts for a customer product across the corporate facilities where the customer blade technology is being produced. Key emphasis will be on the appropriate involvement and ownership with the key stakeholders and ensuring we deliver to both the customers and corporate’s technical expectations. The incumbent will support the technical relationship with and for the customer. Key internal stakeholders will include the Global Technical Program Manager, Regional and site Quality and Engineering heads, Regional Ops Leadership, Business Development Directors, Program Managers, and global engineering teams. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise during all phases of the business development cycle and through the launch and operationalization of any new/updated product.
Strong technical skills, knowledge of composites and blade manufacturing, solid project management skills, and the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders are must haves for this role. In addition, the Global Technical Program Manager must have solid presentation skills in order to meet directly with sales, technical teams and leadership teams.
The position reports directly to the Global Technical Program Manager.
The detailed overview of organizational set up will be provided in the personal interview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead engineering activities associated with the development of new products. Ensure engineering activities comply with cost, schedule, technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
- Coordinates the engineering cost (BOM), schedule and technical inputs to support the business development team in providing a competitive and executable bid for new or renewed business.
- Support the technical relationship with and for the client that is lead by GTPM. Ensure product requirements are understood, quoted, and managed in production.
- Ensure development of quality, process, and tooling plans and MPP elements with site operational management. These plans will be utilized to support the customer as well as their specific needs, but first as a solid basis for setting up and managing these products in corporate operations. Incumbent has sign off authority on these elements.
- Utilize corporate engineering systems as basis for each new product and in support of on-going operations. Incumbent has sign off authority for engineering changes.
- Standardize processes and approach across operational sites for clients. Assure best practices are assimilated across sites.
- Interfaces with program management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise program requirements issues and ambiguities in design during the product development phase.
- Supports the development engineering project and plans with site operational management. Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending projoect control meetings, design reviews, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Reviews all technical changes to requirements from the program managers and ensures customer sign off on all engineering changes (design, process, etc.). Coordinates the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensures implementation and consistent design integrity. Reviews & monitors engineering metrics on the product and provides technical support to the program managers.
- Mentors less experienced Engineers and Engineering Leaders.
Education/ Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Scientific or Engineering degree highly desirable
- 5+ Years Engineering Management/Supervision Experience
- 5+ Years Technical Product/Program Management Experience
- 5+ Years engineering experience in wind blade manufacturing
- Experience in global organization
- Experience leading teams through impact/influence not direct reporting lines
- Leadership experience
- Fluent in English is mandatory, a further European language is desirable
- Preferably very good knowledge of MS-Office
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to creatively operationalize concepts and strategies that may be new and maturing in details and structure
- Independent thinker and problem-solver; comfortable working in changing customer organizational environment
- Strong leadership, mentoring, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in an intercultural environment
- Strong ability to collaborate with customers, senior leadership and program managers to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results
- Solid understanding of corporate environment and business metrics, with ability to propose solutions for their achievement
- Location: Denmark. Germany or any other location in Europe is an option, home office can be discussed
TPI Composites, Inc. offer competitive compensation and benefits, including but not limited to, health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, and paid vacation plans.
TPI Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Background check and drug test required.