Global Tax Leader
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
TPI Composites is a global provider of structural composites products and the largest U.S. based independent manufacturer of composites wind blades to major turbine manufacturers in the United States, Europe, and Asia. It enables many of the industry’s leading wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), which have historically relied on in-house production, to outsource the manufacturing of some of their wind blades through its global footprint of advanced manufacturing facilities strategically located to serve large and growing wind markets in a cost-effective manner.
Ideal candidates for this position will have exposure to international tax from public accounting or a combination of public and corporate tax. With constant legislative, regulatory and judicial changes, companies operating across borders are challenged to follow and comprehend ever-changing developments. At the same time, globalization, economic realities, operational adjustments, and corporate mandates require tax departments to adjust and adapt their internal initiatives to a changing business environment. Understanding the tax impact on business operations and transactions across jurisdictions is vital to the success of our multinational corporation.
The individual in this position is primarily responsible for domestic and international income and indirect tax related planning and compliance activities. They are responsible for proposing and developing international tax planning initiatives including global transfer pricing strategies, significant transaction structuring, development of positions and processes for implementation of newly enacted tax laws, etc. together with external tax service providers. In addition, this position is responsible for coordination of international tax compliance activities which includes engagement and supervision of our external tax service providers. This position has overall responsibility for managing international tax compliance and maintenance of foreign tax structures.
Lastly, this position is also responsible for the execution and oversight of the preparation of quarterly and annual international income tax provisions and the related accounting treatment for external reporting.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities for this role also include:
- Coordination with external tax service providers to manage the completion of all domestic and international income tax returns.
- Direct coordination and supervision of the completion of all international indirect tax returns, and general oversight and management of local team in OUS jurisdiction as necessary.
- Management of all significant international tax audit activities.
- Management of the preparation and review of international income tax provision processes and SOX related controls in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordination of all global transfer pricing activities, including coordination with corporate accounting, maintenance of tax-compliance records and oversight of intercompany agreements.
- Develop international tax planning initiatives to minimize withholding tax, foreign taxes, and US tax of foreign income.
- Preparation of international effective tax rate forecasts and long term rate planning.
- Performs tax research or coordinates with external advisors on specific transactions or newly enacted rules as situations require.
- Develop working relationships with business and finance leaders around the global organization.
- Work closely with corporate treasury to efficiently manage deployment of overseas cash and repatriation strategies.
- Responsible for all foreign tax provisions and international tax components of the global tax provision.
- Prepare accurate and timely provision calculations and disclosures, and review account reconciliations
- Analyze tax and business processes, and develop procedure documentation
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with mandated requirements
- Remain up to date on tax laws, regulations, and financial reporting guidelines
- Minimum Years of Experience: 10+ years of tax experience with multi-national public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax environment
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation or JD preferred
- Certification(s) Required: CPA
- Advanced understanding of international tax concepts
- Public company experience
- Exceptional market facing skills
- Experience working with global manufacturing company
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation and accounting skills
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax including tax research, compliance and consulting within an international taxation environment.
- Considerable knowledge of public accounting practices, law firm or corporate tax department of a multinational company.
- Extensive technical skills in structural realignment, cash and financial statement effective tax rate analysis and improvement of tax efficiencies of cross-border flows.
TPI Composites, Inc. offer competitive compensation and benefits, including but not limited to, health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, and paid vacation plans.
TPI Composites, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Background check and drug test required.