- Jersey City, NJ, USA
This is a W2 only role, no C2C
This developer role is responsible for back end, hands-on development of applications and services. As a senior role, this person will be expected to participate in system design and provide thought leadership in the full lifecycle from concept to production. This role will serve as an SME on a particular system or application and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and the needs of the client. This role will mentor and lead junior level developers on specific modules while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies.
• Hands on back-end development of applications and services
• Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provides code reviews of various development tasks
• Implements automated unit and integration tests and ensures the practice is followed consistently
• Participates in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
• Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
• 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
• Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, or Jasmine preferred
• Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models preferred
• Familiarity with Application UX Designs
• Unix / Linux experience
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.