Mechanical Engineering Technician
- 6500 Harbour Heights Pkwy, Mukilteo, WA, United States
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our mission is to provide high value, responsive engineering and innovative products that enable the defense of our democracy and the exploration of land, sea, and space. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
Mechanical Aerospace Engineering Technicians support the engineering teams and other technicians with mechanical and electrical assembly, testing, facility maintenance, packaging and shipping. Technicians are in a hands-on work environment performing product assembly, engineering support, test setup and test conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with basic facility maintenance and clean-up
- Performs mechanical assembly according to verbal and written instructions
- Assists with packaging and shipping hardware and equipment
- Reads and understands blueprints, schematics and technical diagrams
- Supports engineering testing and projects
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and a strong work ethic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Education: High School diploma
- Required Experience: Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Preferred Experience: >1 year experience in a technical field and/or construction, electrical, plumbing, facility maintenance
- Must be a US Citizen
BENEFITS AT SYSTIMA
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. Plus, Systima has rolled out a new 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday OFF - this is a pilot program that we hope will successfully highlight our commitment to each employees' well-being, as we continue to deliver excellent service to our customers.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima's operations were previously based in Kirkland, WA. Then in mid-2021 our team relocated to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center, overlooking Puget Sound in beautiful Mukilteo, Washington.
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Systima are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Systima does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.