Development Engineer - Level II+ (Mechanical/Aerospace)
- 6500 Harbour Heights Pkwy, Mukilteo, WA 98275, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our mission is to provide high value, responsive engineering and innovative products that enable the defense of our democracy and the exploration of land, sea, and space. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
The Development Engineer’s role is to develop, test, and deploy aerospace and defense mechanical products and systems as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. The primary focus of this position is the development, design verification testing, and demonstration of advanced technologies in support of military and aerospace programs. The Development Engineer II assists in all phases of a program including conceptual level design and analysis, proof-of-concept, prototype hardware design, fabrication, system testing, and full-scale system development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the engineering team in planning and execution of projects requiring mechanical system development.
- Assists in the completion of client goals on time, within budget and ensuring products conform to the highest standards of excellence in terms of accuracy, completeness, and presentation
- Assists in test planning and execution: test design and analysis; writing procedures, test plans, and test reports; data collection and reduction
- Supports business development and project performance efforts to meet customer needs
- Effectively interacts with clients for business development including needs definition, proposal presentations, and project definition and reviews
- Effectively interacts with technical staff for proposal development and project performance
- Passion for the aerospace industry and strong desire to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- Level II Engineers typically possess 2-5 years aerospace and/or defense experience
- Solid understanding of multiple engineering technologies
- Solid understanding of data acquisition systems and instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to perform product development tests, including leading prototype testing and, at minimum, supporting development test series
- Knowledge of military and commercial specifications preferred
- Basic understanding of SolidWorks and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company, with excellent career opportunities across our engineering, manufacturing, business development and operations teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property in Mukilteo, WA to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima is currently located in Kirkland, WA and we will relocate our entire business operation and staff to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center in a phased process over the coming months (early-mid 2021).
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.