CNC Programmer - Aerospace (Second Shift)
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
The Machine Shop Programmer programs and operates machines to cut parts to customer specifications, performs quality control, and troubleshoots programming issues. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of machinists, the Programmer is responsible for development and modification of NC programs for mill and lathe. Programmers share in the team’s impact on all aspects of producing accurate programs, set-up sheets and tool lists, enabling first article success on tight tolerance high value parts. This position will directly affect the quality and efficiency of production and requires dedicated commitment and attention to detail. Reports to the Vice President – Manufacturing and Production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses MasterCAM programming software take design data and produce machined parts
- Designs custom tools and fixtures as needed
- Works with Machine Shop Manager and Engineering teams on machine time estimates and job specific tooling costs
- Maintains configuration control on files and job records
- Works closely with team of machine operators, welders and engineers
- Performs First Article Inspections and quality control
- Ensures that machined parts meet customer specifications, drawings and STP files
- Provides mentorship to junior team members
- Helps to maintain equipment, shop cleanliness, and tooling inventory
- Develops set up sheets, tool drawings and other work instructions to be presented
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- 3+ years of MasterCAM experience preferred, 5+ years of manual machining experience
- Experience with CAD platforms in tooling design (SolidWorks preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively operate shop related tools and equipment, fluent in the use of precision hand tools
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, engineering drawings and technical diagrams, and easily hold +/-.003” tolerance
- Experience in Stainless, Aluminum, Titanium and other exotic metals
- Strong communication skills
- Physical requirements of this position include occasional heavy lifting, regular use of stairs, and occasional use of machinery such as fork lifts and pallet jacks
This position is scheduled for second shift, Monday - Thursday, 3PM to 1:30AM.
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company, with excellent career opportunities across our engineering, manufacturing, business development and operations teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. We look forward to reviewing your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.