Electrical Production Engineer
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
The Electrical Production Engineer supports development to production transition efforts for cable assemblies and electronics used on space and defense products and systems. The primary focus of this position is the troubleshooting, implementation and organization of engineering information required for efficient assembly of hardware. Reports to the Electrical Engineering Functional Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the floor in assembly, compliance to engineering requirements, discrepancy resolution, and acceptance testing
- Interfaces with multi-discipline engineering teams, including design, development, and test to provide integrated support for Production activities
- Performs liaison role between the design team, technicians, and customers
- Authorizes in-build redlines and recommends changes to design team to improve designs
- Ensures harness components and hardware such as connectors, backshells, cable and wire, contacts, splices, solder, overshield, and coax products produce robust designs considering EMI and challenging thermal environments
- Creates formal or informal engineering drawings of cable harnesses and bill of materials
- Originates all types of documentation required to manufacture electronic products including harness design schematics, wire cut lists, assembly instructions and quality control documents and forms as deemed necessary
- Troubleshoots to root cause and recommends corrective and preventative actions
- Assists with the setup of production machinery
- Provides program support to ensure adherence to schedule, budget and resource planning
- Supports proposal and business development activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Typically possesses 2 to 5 years of aerospace, defense, and/or avionics experience
- Working knowledge of cables/harnessing, circuit board fabrication, assembly and repair
- Detailed knowledge of military specifications and IPC standards
- IPC certification in J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620 or similar preferred
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting and design of electronics
- Experience using electronic test equipment: oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Cadence OrCAD
- Experience with CAD design software for harness drawings
- Experience in both development and production environments
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company, with excellent career opportunities across our engineering, manufacturing, business development and operations teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. We look forward to reviewing your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.