Engineering Test Lab Manager
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The Test Lab Manager supports engineering and program needs for testing by managing the operation, expansion and maintenance of Systima’s test facilities and equipment. This position will strive to maintain a culture of excellence, service and continual improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures excellence in the management, operation and maintenance of Systima’s Environmental Test Lab and energetics high bay test equipment and facilities (Thermal/Altitude Chambers, Vibration Table, Salt Fog, etc.)
- Supports engineering programs and expands test capabilities accordingly
- Oversees annual testing budget; oversees selection, procurement, calibration and maintenance of test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Manages engineering test technicians and supports engineering staff in test set-up, tear-down and facility maintenance
- Provides equipment and operational support for offsite testing
- Establishes and maintains robust lines of internal communication with engineering staff for test coordination, schedule, equipment needs, and general program support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years of experience in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Required: Knowledge of test planning, procurement and test lab management
- Preferred: Familiarity with various engineering test instruments (National Instruments, Dewesoft data acquisition); experience with high speed data acquisition for energetic testing (0.5ms to 200ms)
- Must have a strong attention to detail and a commitment to continual excellence
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold OR be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll look forward to reviewing your information.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.