Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the transition of designs through the development cycle and into production, and oversees manufacturing work instructions and production line operations to ensure product quality is built into the final product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integral part of product design team with emphasis of producibility and design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA)
- Validates and monitors fabrication and production process and controls
- Designs, develops and implements fixtures, tools, and inspection gages to facilitate fabrication and assembly
- Generates bill of materials for assemblies, and work/build instructions
- Material and resource planning
- Coordinating with vendors and suppliers including supplier quality
- Analyze and plan manufacturing work flow and space requirements
- Communicates with all levels of the organization to obtain required information, gain acceptance, and implement solutions
- Solves technical problems utilizing technical reference materials and various inspection tools and techniques
- Assists with prototype builds and evaluations of materials and processes
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree, applicable in-field experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on engineering experience in a fabrication and assembly shop environment
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and technical diagrams, and work to verbal and written instructions
- Familiarity with basic material properties, in process verification and validation
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000, AS9100 or similar quality systems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We are looking to fill multiple immediate openings across our Integrated Product Teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your cover letter and resume, and we'll look forward to reviewing your information.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.