- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive. Take the next step toward a rewarding career, and apply today!
The Electrical Development Engineer conceptualizes, designs, develops, manufactures and tests electronics for space and defense products and systems. This position collaborates with engineering teammates on the integration of electronic systems with mechanical systems and in the development of electromechanical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the electrical engineering group in all aspects of design, development, test, analysis, and manufacturing
- Conceptualizes, develops, and designs circuit and logic designs via schematic or high-level language entry in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards
- Performs analysis in all aspects of circuit design to ensure safe and reliable operation
- Reviews electrical designs for manufacturing, cost, and quality assurance issues
- Creates formal or informal engineering drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing system requirements, and inspection/quality assurance specifications in accordance with appropriate standards and specifications
- Documents requirements, performance, user interfaces, plans, test procedures, test reports
- Selects, uses, and creates specifications for electronics components
- Coordinates electronic component and/or subassembly procurements
- Assists with proposals and presentations in support of business development activities
- Mentor and resource for more junior engineers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Typically possesses (Level I, 0 to 2; Level II, 3 to 5, Senior, 5 to 7) years of experience in a fast-paced environment working to develop electronics for aerospace, defense, avionics, and telemetry systems
- Experience with testing/troubleshooting/qualification techniques, signal integrity, layout and grounding principles, surface mount and through-hole soldering, de-soldering, PCB development and prototyping
- Proficient with electrical test equipment including oscilloscope, DMM, power supply, DAQ, logic analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
- Familiarity with FPGA design, development, and test
- Familiarity with military specifications and industry standards including IPC
- Familiarity with C/C++/C#, Python, Matlab, assembly language, Verilog, VHDL
- Proficient experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and simulation tools such as OrCAD and PSPICE/LTSPICE
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a U.S. citizen and hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll get in touch regarding next steps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.