Stress Analyst Engineer - Structures & Composites
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The Stress Analyst Engineer is responsible for performing stress analysis to support design, development, and final verification across a variety of aerospace development programs. The engineer is expected to apply structural design and structural analysis practices to support development from conceptual design phases through to released engineering drawings and stress analysis reports, support testing activities and planning, and prepare documentation. They will work independently upon a small, fast moving team where excellent organization, collaboration, and communication skills will be essential parts of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies understanding of metallic and composite materials, structural mechanics and statics (lamination theory, fabrication and assembly processes, etc.)
- Generates free body diagrams for structures, determines load paths, calculates reaction forces and internal loads, and develops shear and moment diagrams
- Uses classic aerospace industry analysis techniques for both metallic and composite structures
- Classical hand calculations
- Finite element analysis
- Fatigue and damage tolerance analysis
- Demonstrates familiarity with advanced composite materials and processing used in the manufacture of aircraft or spacecraft structures
- Applies software proficiency including knowledge of NASTRAN, FEMAP, CATIA V5, SolidWorks, and Microsoft Office
- Utilizes strong written and verbal communication, technical report writing skills, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- Proficient in CATIA with strong background in CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Detailed knowledge of design based military and commercial specifications
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We are looking to fill multiple immediate openings across our Integrated Product Teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Flexible Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, annual bonuses and more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.