Mechanical Aerospace Engineering Internship
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
Are you a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering student scheduled graduate in 2020 or 2021? Would you like to find a creative outlet for your strengths in mechanical design, dynamics/kinematics, structural analysis, thermodynamics and/or propulsion? Do you often find yourself in a leadership position? Do you seek out and enjoy solving hard problems?
Systima is seeking qualified candidates for engineering internships and intern-to-hire positions. We have immediate and future openings across all functional areas. Our interns work hands-on with a multi-disciplinary engineering team in the development of aerospace-related mechanical and pyrotechnic systems. A major focus of our internships is development of test hardware and prototype testing for technology maturation.
Systima is a fast-growing company, an industry leader in the aerospace, and defense industries, advancing state of the art technologies through innovation in engineering, research, and development. Systima offers a wealth of experience and capability in the engineering, design, and development of pyrotechnic, propulsion and mechanical systems.
B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering planned in 2020 or 2021
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong passion for aerospace, and desire to work on and solve challenging technical problems
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in aerospace mechanical systems, pyrotechnic systems and/or propulsion systems
- Knowledge of dynamics/kinematics, structural analysis, CAD, and thermodynamics
- Use and application of instrumentation and data acquisition for the purpose of conducting engineering tests
- Hands-on experience in fabrication and production processes, including: machining, welding, composites, and assembly
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
Must be a U.S Citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a DoD security clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.