Mechanical Design Engineer
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The Design Engineer’s role is to conceptualize, develop, design, test, and support deployment of aerospace and flight worthy structures, mechanisms, mechanical products and systems. The primary focus of this position is design, with an emphasis on supporting new business development efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mechanical engineering group in all aspects of design
- Conceptualize, develop, and design structures, mechanisms, mechanical systems, and structures in accordance with customer requirements and customary standards
- Perform analysis of such designs to ensure their safe operation in meeting designated requirements
- Review designs for cost, manufacturing, and quality assurance issues
- Create formal or informal engineering drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing system requirements, and inspection/quality assurance specifications in accordance with appropriate standards and specifications
- Designate off-the-shelf mechanical component or systems, identify vendors who can supply them, and request their purchase in a manner timely with delivery requirements
- Support manufacturing, quality assurance, testing, and deployment of designs from concept to delivery. Provide technical support to our customers
- Support bench and field-testing of mechanical elements and systems
- Document requirements for performance, compliance with customer requirements, plans, test procedures, test reports, and any other contractual specifications
- Coordinate manufacturing, assembly, and liaison efforts internally and externally
- Support proposal/presentation preparation and business development activities
- Create 2-D mechanical layout drawings and 3-D solid model conceptual drawings
- Perform basic mechanical engineering calculations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Open positions range from entry level to Senior Engineer or Chief Engineer; typical candidates bring 0-10 years of relevant experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- Detailed knowledge of design-based military and commercial specifications
- Proficient in SolidWorks, and experienced in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including flexible time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, ESPP, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll get in touch regarding next steps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.