- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive. Take the next step toward a rewarding career, and apply today!
The Drafter position is a support position for the mechanical engineering staff, with emphasis on mechanical drawings, drafting, tooling design, and manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidate must have 2+ years’ experience and proficiency in SolidWorks.
- Must have prior experience creating CAD drawings and models.
- Must be familiar with drawing conventions including geometric tolerances.
- Strong mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems.
- Must be able to read drawings, and technical diagrams.
- Strong computer background and familiarity with common office applications.
- The applicant needs to be self-motivated, able to multi-task, work independently on assignments with minimal oversight or direction.
- Good communication and customer relationship skills are required.
Job Roles and Tasks:
- Create drawing packages for hardware ranging from prototypes to final design packages.
- Interface with machine shops for hardware procurement.
- Support proposal and presentation efforts through CAD models and illustrations.
- Generate Bill of Materials for Assemblies.
- Additional tasks will include supporting prototyping, hardware assembly, development, testing, and product qualification.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Preferred Education: Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including flexible time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, ESPP, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll get in touch regarding next steps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.