Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
The Senior Design Engineer performs a lead role in concept, development, design, test, and support deployment of aerospace and flight worthy structures, mechanisms, mechanical products and systems. This position supports the engineering staff in all aspects of mechanical design from concept to development, validation and detailed design, requiring a fair amount of autonomy and hands-on activity. The primary focus of this position is design, with an emphasis on supporting new business development efforts, with minimal direct oversight required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the engineering group in all aspects of mechanical design
- Conceptualizes, develops, and designs structures, mechanisms, mechanical systems, and structures in accordance with customer requirements and customary standards
- Performs comprehensive tolerance stack-up analyses
- Supports proposal, quick-turn concept design and presentation efforts through CAD models and illustrations
- Creates drawing packages for hardware ranging from prototypes to final design packages
- Generates Bill of Materials for Assemblies and complete drafting packages of designs
- Supports prototyping, hardware assembly, development testing and product qualification
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical design, engineering, drawing conventions and geometric tolerances
- Strong mathematical skills, understanding of material properties, strength and stress formulas
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and technical diagrams, and work to verbal and written instructions
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with common office applications and engineering tools
- Detailed knowledge of design-based military and commercial specifications
- 4000+ hours recent SolidWorks experience in mechanical design
- Proficient in SolidWorks, and experienced in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, work independently on assignments with minimal oversight or direction, quality-oriented and safety conscious
- Possesses strong mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems; able to track overall goals and “see the big picture” while focusing on details
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- 4 to 7 years of experience in mechanical development of aerospace and/or defense systems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We are looking to fill multiple immediate openings across our Integrated Product Teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Flexible Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, ESPP, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll get in touch regarding next steps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.