Machine Shop Coordinator
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. We offer a competitive benefits package, and a dynamic small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The primary role of the Machine Shop Coordinator is to provide coordination, purchasing, scheduling and communication with vendors, suppliers and internal customers in a dynamic production environment. The ideal candidate will possess a proactive, self-starter attitude and a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced production environment. Reports to the Machine Shop Manager and coordinates closely with the Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving team.
- Obtains supplier and vendor quotes for tooling, material, OSP
- Creates, submits, tracks and closes Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Updates and maintains Approved Supplier List for COTS suppliers
- Maintains ongoing supplier relationships and orders, provides issue resolution as needed
- Effectively communicates across multiple project teams, providing regular updates to internal teams (Engineering, Quality, Planning, Machine Shop) and tracking order and delivery status with external vendors and suppliers
- Creates set up cover sheets, creates and updates routings as required
- Coordinates outside processes: Obtains quotes, ensures parts are appropriately packed and ready for OSP, schedules trucks to pick up parts, initiates and coordinates shipping logistics
- Provides other administrative support as needed
- Required Education: HS diploma
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree or higher
- Preferred Experience: 2+ years purchasing in a production environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP/EPICOR experience a plus
- This position requires the use of stairs, and occasionally lifting objects up to 30lbs
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, annual bonuses and more. Apply today by uploading your resume and cover letter, and we'll get in touch regarding next steps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.