- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive. Take the next step toward a rewarding career, and apply today!
This hands-on position is a great opportunity for getting started in the manufacturing industry. We will provide on the job training, and we're looking for candidates with energy and dedication to a job well done. Systima Technologies is a leader in the aerospace and defense industries, designing and delivering specialized products for space and military applications. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fast-paced, energetic company culture.
The Composites Technician is responsible for the hand layup and filament winding of advanced composite materials on designated tooling per specific work instructions, and/or customer specifications. Tasks included in this position are tooling fabrication, tool prep for lay-up, hand lay-up of pre-preg composite material using a variety of techniques and processes, vacuum bagging, precision trimming and layup techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds composite parts using appropriate hand layup techniques
- Utilizes ply-placement system for accurate lay up of plies on tools during layup process
- Visually inspects for FOD prior to bagging parts for room temperature, oven, and
- Performs in-process inspections as instructed on work orders and as delegated by quality
- Reads precision measuring tools and instruments
- Uses chemicals, adhesives, and solvents as required
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Reads and understands blueprints and drawings
- Assists with basic facility maintenance and clean-up
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and a strong work ethic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High School diploma
Required Experience: Experience with basic hand and power tools
Preferred Experience: >1 year experience in a technical field and/or construction,
electrical, plumbing, facility maintenance
Must be a U.S. Citizen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.