Structures & Advanced Composites Design Engineer
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The Structures & Advanced Composites Design Engineer conceptualizes, develops, designs, tests, and supports deployment of aerospace and flight worthy structures, mechanisms, mechanical products and systems. Support new business development efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize, develop, and design structures, mechanisms, mechanical systems, and structures in accordance with customer requirements and customary standards
- Perform analysis of such designs to ensure their safe operation in meeting designated requirements
- Review designs for cost, manufacturing, and quality assurance issues. Provide technical support to customers
- Create formal or informal engineering drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing system requirements, and inspection/quality assurance specifications in accordance with appropriate standards and specifications
- Designate off-the-shelf mechanical component or systems, identify vendors who can supply them, and request their purchase in a manner timely with delivery requirements
- Support manufacturing, quality assurance, testing, and deployment of designs from concept to delivery
- Support bench and field-testing of mechanical elements and systems.
- Document requirements for performance, compliance with customer requirements, plans, test procedures, test reports, and any other contractual specifications
- Coordinate manufacturing, assembly, and liaison efforts internally and externally
- Support proposal/presentation preparation for business development and market surveys
- Create 2-D mechanical layout drawings and 3-D solid model conceptual drawings
- Implement geometric tolerancing and perform basic mechanical engineering calculations
- Create BOM and assembly drawings
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent in relevant experience and registration
- Proficient in CATIA with strong background in CAD/CAE tools relevant to mechanical systems design
- Detailed knowledge of design based military and commercial specifications
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.