Safety & Training Coordinator
- 10809 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033, USA
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, we advance state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our engineering teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery. For full time employees, we offer a competitive benefits package, and a small company culture where creativity and passion thrive.
The role of the Safety & Training Coordinator is to ensure a safe work environment, and to establish and maintain effective, ongoing training programs for all employees. This position will lead Systima’s Safety and Training efforts, working across all functional departments to manage safety guidelines, compliance efforts and ongoing training programs. The Safety & Training Coordinator will possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop safety plans according to legal and industry guidelines
- Ensure compliance with applicable health and safety laws including L&I, WISHA, OSHA, PSM, DCMA. Monitor compliance with periodic evaluation of work areas, employee conduct and overall operations
- Effectively communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Identify hazards and discover opportunities for improving conditions and executing various safety programs
- Investigate accidents or incidents, and coordinate worker’s compensation claims
- Maintain company’s training matrix, establish process improvements
- Communicate with managers to identify ongoing training needs
- Develop specialized training programs, using outsourced or in-house resources
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal Subject Matter Experts
- Manage business permits, licenses and renewals
- Work with Human Resources to maintain employee training files
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Required Education: High School diploma
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in safety management, training or relevant field
- Preferred Experience: 3-5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as safety manager or in a principal safety role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.