- Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Department: Finance
- Travel: Regular travel to a specific site/s
Credit Manager Independent/Local
Fresh Direct are currently recruiting for a Credit Manager to join the Independent/Local team on a Full time, permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is pro-actively manage the Credit Management Teams for our Independent/Local customer base, as well as the Banking and Legal Recovery Teams, both remotely and office based. The key focus of this role is to manage the day to day functions of these teams; keeping aged debt and bad debt to a minimum, whilst providing an outstanding service to our customers and sales colleagues. Additionally, to constantly review ways of working to assist with enhancing current processes and procedures.
Our role Monday-Friday, offering hybrid working, with 3 days on site in the Wigan office per week.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities are:
- Deliver an outstanding service to our customers
- Ensure we continuously engage with our sales and divisional finance colleagues to maintain an appropriate balance of great customer relationships and credit risk management
- Agree and implement set targets and KPI's for each colleague and the team as a whole and ensure these are reviewed and amended, where appropriate
- Working with the Head of Transactional Processing Manager to achieve targets and develop team members through Individual Performance Reviews. Develop effective training plans to close training gaps for current and new colleagues to move the business forward
- Manage overdue debt in order to maximise cash flow in line with targets
- Consistently reviewing the processes operating within the Department and making recommendations to the Head of Transactional Processing of improvements that will maximise cashflow and minimise bad debt expense
- Collaborate with other internal functions in Fresh Direct, e.g. Operations, Telesales, Customer Care and Sales Operations, to highlight process issues and deliver improvements
- Visiting customers at their place of business, where appropriate, to overcome any issues causing bad debt risks
- Ensure we are making full use of our external credit rating agency's tools to minimise bad debt risk
- Ensure customer accounts are maintained within agreed terms and credit limits
- Manage the debt recovery process for the Independent business
- Manage housekeeping processes to minimise open items on the ledger
- Ensure the timely provision of regular management reports and ad hoc information
- Ability to cover for Head of Transactional Processing and build relationships with senior finance and commercial colleagues
- Other Ad-Hoc tasks, as required by the Head of Credit Management
You’ll have strong people management skills as well as demonstratable experience in credit management processes and procedures, including Legal Recovery and Insolvency Team. Ideally you will be a qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (ACICM) or working towards this. This role will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys communicating with people at all levels across the business, to achieve process improvement. You will also possess a sound knowledge and understanding of basic Accountancy Double Entry and a knowledge of High Radius tool would be advantageous.
What you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Huge discounts on all sorts of lovely food and award-winning products through our staff shop
- Discounts on Cinema tickets, shopping and earn cashback on purchases through Sodexo.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Career progression opportunities - being part of Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice business, opens up a world of possibility
At Fresh Direct everyone is welcome. We don’t want you to ‘fit our culture’ we want you to help define it and we actively celebrate the unique talents of each and every colleague. We don’t just look at your CV, we’re more focused on who you are and your potential. As part of our values, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a voice, is appreciated and has the same opportunities. We work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of our business, as we care for one another and connect the world through food and trusted partnerships. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone belongs and thrives at Fresh Direct and we recognise that Fresh Direct can only thrive when everyone feels they belong. We'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our resourcing team who will be happy to support you.