Functional Analyst – SAP Treasury & Risk Management and FICO
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet – making us the world’s most local agricultural technology and innovation partner.
Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and harassment.
As part of the SAP Finance application team you would be responsible translate the business needs into functional requirements and deliver efficient and sustainable solutions. You are expected to combine high expertise in Treasury, Finance and Controlling as well as cross-functional processes to deploy solutions which are in line with Syngenta standards, Ways of Working, methodolgies as well as leading technical / SAP S4 Hana practices
You should have a good functional knowledge on Finance, Treasury & Risk Management, Banking and Working Capital processes and be able to exploit the best use of these SAP modules to meet the business need in the most effective, efficient and sustainable way. You will drive overall leadership for the delivery of the projects, enhancements and maintenance of the existing applications using Agile and Devops methodologies.
Your job responsibilities would include the following:
- Holding meetings / drive fit-gap sessions with Business and other stakeholders, researching processes, collecting data & business requirements, analyzing information and performing related tasks
- Be actively involved in the user story preparation, solution conceptualization for changes as well as project implementations
- Assisting in defining the scope of a project/opportunities, estimating efforts and project timelines.
- Manage stakeholders across the Syngenta eco-system including Business users, IT organization, Business Architecture and cross tower organizations
- Design, build, test and review the solution in collaboration with the Steady State Support/ Project team / third party vendors.
- Prepare various deliverables such as Solution Design Document, Functional Requirement Specifications and Testing plan (FRS, Test Scripts, IST)
- Co-ordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Training for the business users
- Own incident, change and project delivery while working in Agile/DevOps environment.
Relevant skills & experience
- Total experience of 5 to 18 years in SAP that includes SAP Treasury & Risk Management encompassing Transaction Manager (Money Market, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, Securities etc.), Cash Position, Liquidity forecasting, Market Risk Analyzer, Credit Risk Analyzer, Payment Factory, In-house Cash & banking, Bank Communication Management and Bank Account Management
- Minimum 2 end to end Implementations of SAP solutions in a global context.
- Working knowledge of Treasury processes including Front office, Back office, Accounting, position management, Risk analysis, Limit management.
- Working knowledge of daily liquidity forecast, payments, cash pooling, loan interest/repayment.
- Experience in cut over planning and execution for Finance objects and interdependencies is desired.
- Experience in writing Functional Specifications for ABAP objects (Reports, Interfaces, Enhancements, Forms, Workflows)
- Experience working with diverse teams for big programs will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the e-invoicing solutions and regulatory Compliances including VAT filing and E-reporting
- Experience in Testing (Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing), End User training, Final preparation, Go-Live and project support.
- Sound understanding of Master Data, Functional and Document Data, integration between SAP ECC6, SAP MDG & SAP Central Finance
- Exposure to SNOW/JIRA etc
- Exposure to FIORI/low code applications is preferred
Minimum education and critical knowledge required for the job
- University degree (Bachelors) in a finance / commercial / business or technical/IT subject
- Preferred with Professional Certification (CA, CPA, CWA, MBA, IFRS)
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle
General Experience and Prerequisites
- Ability to drill down into technical issues and solve complex and detailed problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills around issues, managing escalations, opportunities
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with cross domain teams at global levels.
- Ability to work under pressure & multitasking environment
- Knowledge about current & upcoming digital technologies/tools
- Able to understand lean, Agile, DevOps concepts.
- Successful in solving new challenges and gaps; to meet the business requirements
- Experience in client facing and managing outsourced partners
- A Team player with a collaborative attitude, proactive and ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working with stakeholders from multiple regions/countries
Note: Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Follow us on: Twitter & LinkedIn