Environmental Sustainability Assessment Portfolio Lead
Helping Farmers. Fighting climate change.
Syngenta Crop Protection is committed to helping farmers around the world grow productively and sustainably. We measure our success not just by our business performance, but also by the benefits we bring to farmers and the environment. As a leader in agriculture, we bring cutting-edge technologies and solutions that enhance crop and soil health and ensure a more sustainable future for agriculture. Our commitment to sustainability also drives our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint and other environmental impacts of our production and supply operations, throughout our entire supply chain.
We are looking to expand our team of passionate, self-starting, and talented professionals to help us ensure we meet our 2030 scope 1, 2, and 3 commitments and bring these commitments to life in our everyday operations.
In this particular role, you will provide environmental assessments for our current and future product portfolio. You will enable the development of standardized methodologies and automated tools to support such assessments, and help build capability within the organization to include sustainability considerations in business decisions. You will support cross-industry bodies in developing standardized frameworks necessary for assessing the overall impact of agricultural products on the environment. You have significant experience in performing life cycle analyses and have applied the methodology to a variety of concepts. You have an excellent grasp of the relevant reporting frameworks. You are a team player, used to working in matrix organizations, and are very good at sharing concepts and content in a tailored way so that it is easy for a wide array of stakeholders to understand and follow.
We are hiring for several roles and looking to recruit a diverse team with a broad background. Do you possess some of the following skills?
- Knowledge of process or energy engineering and experience in a chemical production environment, areas of focus include energy management, thermal energy technology, waste treatment, recycling, and wastewater treatment
- Understanding of environmental impact and sustainability assessment concepts (e.g., LCA), ideally knowledge of reporting frameworks (e.g., GHG Protocol, Environmental Product Footprints, ISO) and environmental regulations
- Experience of a complex Sourcing and/or Supply Chain Operations environment
- Analytical thinking and understanding of statistics and data management, ideally with a working knowledge of analytics tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Python, Excel VBA
- Ability to transfer concepts, iteratively develop innovative solutions and distill out what is important in different contexts to deliver valuable conclusions
In return, you will become a crucial member of our team, and will be part of actively shaping a field of great importance for Syngenta going forwards. Your work will make a tangible difference and contribute directly towards achieving our climate commitments.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.