SPS Technical Manager Nordics
About Syngenta Profession Solutions
Syngenta’s Professional Solutions businesses offer a range of plant health solutions for professional turf managers, professional growers, professional pest managers and consumers.
We are a global team, sharing our customers’ passion and creativity. Through a combination of Syngenta’s world-class science and global expertise matched with investment in new and emerging technologies, we deliver innovative solutions to protect the places where we live, work and play.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Manager Turf & Ornamentals Nordics to become a key figure in growing the Syngenta Nordics Turf & Ornamental portfolio. As our new colleague, you will apply your innovative and strategic thinking to the design, implementation, and coordination of product launches. Furthermore, you are actively impacting our sales development projects with your technical expertise and passion for the Turf & Ornamentals business.
In this newly created role, you will successfully represent Syngenta Professional Solutions at technical events and key influencer meetings, mainly in Sweden. You will act as the interface between our research & development department, the regional technical team and our territory (UK/Benelux/Nordics) by providing strong local expertise.
As an engaging storyteller, you are eager to share technical insights to support the development of new product campaigns. Part of your job will be to bring your technical expertise in the Nordic countries to the wider technical community in Syngenta through actively participating in the development of new projects, to only name some of the diverse tasks in this exciting role.
You will be working from your home office, being in daily contact with your colleagues from the Europe North-West territory. As our Technical Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time travelling around mainly Sweden and the other Nordic countries, conducting experiments, and building relationships with clients and other key stakeholders.
- Work with the Nordics Business Manager to develop a 5-year strategy for Syngenta Professional Solutions Nordics.
- Design the technical strategy for Turf & Ornamentals in the Nordics, and lead the implementation of development plans and projects to deliver on this strategy.
- Establish impactful relationships with key industry personnel.
- Deliver the technical elements which support current products/offers and future product/technology launches.
- Deliver technical training to influencers, distributors, and our end users.
- Support distributors and advisors in the in-market use of Syngenta’s products.
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need:
- Graduate level
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant industry.
- Expertise in the agronomy of Turf, Amenity and Ornamentals.
- Thorough understanding of the technical characteristics and use of control products for Turf & Ornamentals.
- Profound understanding of the Turf and Ornamental industries within the Nordic countries.
- Spray certificate is a plus.
- Skillset to solve difficult and complex technical problems utilizing a proactive approach.
- Strong prioritization skills and self-motivation: able to organize your own time and daily work.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
- Openminded and curious professional with a flair for innovation.
- Language skills – fluent in Swedish and English, other Scandinavian languages are a plus.
The focus of the role will be the Swedish market, so ideally you are based in Sweden.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than November 15th 2022.
For more information, please reach out to Lars Tveter, Professional Solutions Business Manager Nordics ([email protected]).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!