IoT Software Developer (Cape Town OR Pretoria)
- Cape Town or Pretoria, Cape Town, Gauteng, South Africa
Our IoT business unit, develops globally deployed, innovative Internet of Things solutions. Our established chip-to-platform engineering building blocks allow us to quickly respond to any market need.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level IoT/software engineer to join the team at our Pretoria or Cape Town offices. As part of our talented team, you will play a critical role in the shaping of the hardware and software product and solution. If you are a tireless problem solver, self-driven, possess the technical rigour and skills to deliver world class solutions, and have the confidence to work alongside a team of hardworking, yet fun-loving developers please send us your CV.
· Develop, using the scrum methodology
o Participate in technical planning and implementation meetings
o Participate in the daily stand-up meetings
o Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles
o Do code reviews and maintain levels of quality control
o Perform unit testing on newly developed features
· Be able to accurately estimate development efforts
· Integration of various platforms and hardware systems at protocol level
· Maintenance, debugging and problem-solving of existing software products and/or custom client solutions
Qualifications and Competencies
· The successful candidate should possess a B.Sc or B.Eng electronic/computer degree or higher with at least 3+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience integrating systems and platforms
· Experience working with the following:
o AngularJS / Ionic
o Elixir (advantageous)
- Python (advantageous)
- FreeRTOS (advantageous)
- TCP/IP, XML, JSON, REST
- Experience working with software packages like Git and JIRA.
· Experience with embedded systems development will be advantageous.
- Experience working with computer vision and other machine learning frameworks will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of SNMP and MQTT will be advantageous.
- Embedded Linux, driver development will be advantageous.
- Results driven
- A good communicator
- A team player