Training and Technical Assistance Research Associate
- 8757 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman owned government contractor, is seeking a Junior Communications Specialist to work in its Silver Spring, MD headquarters. The Junior Communications Specialist will support the efforts of a federal client, in the social media, content development, and research functions. The Junior Communications Specialist will work with the team, as well as third-party vendors, to develop content for projects including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, newsletters, advertisements, press releases, social media applications, and website projects. The Junior Communications Specialist will report to the Project Manager.
The Training and Technical Assistance Research Associate will work closely with both evaluation and technical staff and provide support in a variety of areas. Such areas may include providing technical assistance, developing publications, conducting initial and ongoing needs assessments, and analyzing and reporting data.
• Provide high-quality technical assistance in-person, online, and by phone to range of clients
• Develop informational products, including fact sheets, written technical assistance, toolkits, and guidance documents.
• Develop data collection instruments for evaluation of technical assistance and needs assessments.
• Conduct data collection interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
• Identify and deliver new high-quality methods of providing technical assistance and technical assistance products based on needs assessments and other data.
• Conduct literature reviews and other research efforts on emerging issues related to education policy and practice.
• Conduct research to identify and resolve operational challenges and develop and implement complimentary methods for providing technical assistance.
• Develop and deliver virtual and in-person trainings, including webinars, virtual meetings, online courses, videos, and live conference presentations.
• Proficient and professional representing the TA Center and its various endeavors at off-site events, meetings, and via phone, email and online meetings.
• Work with IT and Communications staff to ensure client deliverables are of high quality.
• Master’s Degree, or higher, in Education or Social Science related field.
• Advanced skill set with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based databases.
• Demonstrated skills in research, data collection, and analysis (knowledge of SAS and SPSS preferred).
• Content expertise in one or more of the following areas: K-12 and/or higher education; STEM; college and career prep; social emotional learning; school based mental health services and counseling; supportive school climates; professional development for educators and school leaders; blended and online learning.
• Self-starter with strong time management and multitasking skills.
• The right candidate excels at working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing several complex assignments with multiple deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proofreading or copyediting experience is a plus.
• Understanding of online data collection forms.
• Additional skills a plus: IT project management skills, grant management experience, communications, marketing, and social media,
Please send resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.