Claims Support Specialist
Synergy Comp is a monoline Workers' Compensation carrier founded in 2006 that specializes in providing highly effective workers’ compensation and workplace safety solutions that seamlessly combine innovative claims resolution, risk management, and loss prevention strategies with a total commitment to creating a culture within the workplace that embraces safety as a core operating principle.
Our goal is to form long term relationships with companies that are looking to drive down their claims and safety costs, improve employee morale and ultimately add dollars to their bottom line.
The Claims Support Specialist is the front line of Synergy Claims. This position works closely with our Claim Adjusters and appointed counsel, clients, and vendors. The Claims Support Specialist must maintain consistency and accuracy of the claims systems throughout the adjudication process and requires interpreting various data points from an array of sources and proper documentation to maintain regulatory reporting requirements. In addition to keeping the integrity of our files, the Claims Support Specialist must provide exceptional customer service via telephone and email.
- Assist in the investigation and claims process by issuing various letters, requests, and forms to injured workers, clients, and providers
- Manage the medical and expense billing system
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail
- Prepare files for counsel and schedule litigation meetings
- Serve as a backup for the Claims team when necessary.
- Assist in onboarding of new clients and maintenance of current book as needed
- Preparation and timely submission of compliance and regulatory reports
- Answer and direct phone calls within the claims team.
- Data entry and claims processing as requested
- Manage third-party administrator clients
- 2+ years experience in a customer support role
- Excellent computer skills
- Time management skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
What makes working at Synergy Comp great?
- Flexible work environment
- 4-Time Winner “Best Places to Work in PA,” 2017-2020
- Dedicated committees devoted to employee team building, fun, & community
- Inc. 5000 List (Fastest Growing Companies) 2016 - 2021
- Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award
What we offer:
We work hard to provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that improves their lives.
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance with employer HSA contributions
Family First: 100% paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
Enjoy Some Downtime: Self-managed PTO
Prepare for your Future: 401k contributions with company match
Investment in Your Career: College Loan & Professional Development Reimbursement
Self Care and Work-Life Balance: Personalized wellness coach and fitness facility reimbursement
Synergy Comp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promoting, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish an employment contract and are subject to change at the employer’s discretion.
Please check out our website for more information: