Sr. AWS Data Engineer
Synectics is a customer-focused information management services firm that offers its customers data-driven solutions associated with the following core competencies: IT Modernization, Research & Statistical Analysis, Data Analytics, and Knowledge Management & Data Visualization. We are a woman-owned small business (WOSB) that is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified and appraised at CMMI-3. Our office is located in Arlington, VA, near the Rosslyn Metro. Synectics offers a competitive salary and an impressive full benefits package that includes employee medical and dental, 401k, company paid life and short/long term disability insurance and paid leave. along with an environment that supports professional development and growth.
Synectics for Management Decisions (SMDI) is seeking an AWS Data Engineer to join their growing team. The qualified applicant will play a key role in the DW cloud migration as part of the Enterprise Data Analytic services program for a large federal agency in Alexandria, VA.
AWS Data Engineer is responsible for development and support of cloud-based solutions. Solutions include moving assets from on-premise to cloud environment, evaluation and optimization. AWS Data Engineer will collaborate and work as a team to ensure the success of the team
• Work on automating migration process for RDS and Redshift scripts in AWS from Dev to Production
• Performance tune RDS/Redshift SQL queries
• Maintain/resize the clusters for RDS and Redshift
• Advise engineering and software engineering team as they migrate from on-premise to cloud infrastructure
• Optimize cloud workloads for cost, scalability, availability, governance, compliance, etc.
• Guide and/or provide hands-on support to administer production, staging, and deployment environments
• Partner with multi-disciplinary teams to teams to understand requirements and plan architecture and solutions
• Apply insight and expertise across AWS services
• Apply knowledge of scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Good working knowledge of AWS Services including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance
• Good Knowledge of RDS postgres and AWS Redshift
• At least 5+ years of experience in AWS (EC2, Glue, S3, Redshift, Python programming)
• Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS
• Good knowledge of creating CFTs
• Experience building infrastructure inside of AWS via code. Familiarity with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience using ETL tools such as Alteryx, Snap logic, Matillion, SAS DI Studio, Informatica or equivalent tool is a plus
• AWS Certifications a plus
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and an impressive full benefits package that includes employee medical and dental, 401k, company paid life and short/long term disability insurance and paid leave. along with an environment that supports professional development and growth. Our hiring process is 100% online.