- 22 N Church St, West Chester, PA 19380, USA
Be part of something great
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients. Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Healthcare Communications specializes in branded and disease state marketing/promotional campaigns and initiatives. Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
This is a full-time, onsite position located in West Chester, PA
The Medical Editor is primarily responsible for ensuring the overall editorial quality of communications by providing medical editing for accuracy, clarity, consistency, grammar, and style. The Medical Editor works closely with members of the Editorial Services, Medical Services, and Creative Services teams to ensure deliverables meet the highest standards of quality and accuracy. Primary responsibilities include:
- Fact-checking content, proofreading and editing copy, and ensuring adherence to client and project requirements, American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style, client corporate and brand style guides, and agency standards.
- Substantively edit, and proofread all promotional materials (eg, slide presentations, meetings materials, brochures, print and digital selling tools, promotional mailings, video scripts, websites, and other digital assets) and regulatory documents.
- Annotate and cross-reference promotional materials for submission to client medical/legal/regulatory review
- Attend client medical, legal, and regulatory review meetings and incorporate changes resulting from those reviews
- Check layouts and digital programming for completeness and accuracy against manuscript drafts
- Check incorporation of changes into layout document or programmed digital files by Creative Services at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of reference lists
- Serve as subject-matter expert regarding client and AMA style, grammar, and usage, as well as agency standards
- Create, maintain, and adhere to project-, product-, and client-specific style guides where applicable to ensure consistency across projects
- Collaborate with Medical Services and Creative Services department personnel to ensure accuracy of content and convey editorial comments
- Determine and communicate need for copyright permissions to reproduce figures/tables and obtain permissions from publishers; communicate costs to Account Services to ensure communication to clients as appropriate
- Assist colleagues with editorial problem-solving, troubleshooting, and brainstorming
- Attend product status meetings to keep abreast of upcoming or in-progress editorial projects
- Bachelor's degree (Science or English degree preferred)
- 3-5 years pharmaceutical/medical editing experience
- 2 years experience specifically working as an editor for a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical company marketing department.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to serve many therapeutic teams and meet project goals
- Ability to acquire relevant information from a variety of sources (eg, published style manuals, journal guidelines, literature search) and maintain accurate records of sources
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and usage, medical writing style guidelines (ie, AMA Manual of Style), and promotional activity regulations and specifications
- Familiarity with general scientific concepts and ability to grasp more complex scientific applications
- Familiarity with standard proofreading marks
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word and PowerPoint applications
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Adobe® Acrobat applications
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.