- West Chester, PA
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients. Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Healthcare Communications specializes in branded and disease state marketing/promotional campaigns and initiatives. Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
The Account Director has primary responsibility for Account Services activities for assigned clients, including developing and executing strategies to grow revenue that meets and exceeds assigned objectives, including client identification, development, and retention. He/She is responsible for leading internal cross-functional core teams and clients on the strategic and tactical plan, design, and execution of innovative pharmaceutical medical communications, marketing, and medical education initiatives. In addition, the Account Director personally understands client challenges and leads internal and external core teams to conceptualize, design, and deliver novel solutions for clients’ needs in a manner consistent with the values and reputation of Synchrony. Accountabilities include assigned client development, relationships, and satisfaction, team leadership, new business development, and the overall strategy, development, and execution of assigned Account Services activities.
• Develop client(s) scope of service or project agreements with account leadership
• Oversee financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/agreements, statements of work, purchase orders, invoices, and receivables
• Lead assigned business development opportunities and initiatives required to increase revenue to meet and exceed company goals
• Support the development and implementation of new business development opportunities
• Lead teams and resources to create and submit RFPs and proposals (proposal writing is required)
• Provide Synchrony Group cross-selling, new business development, and revenue growth-for both new and existing clients
Internal and External Relationships
• Actively participate in client presentations, selling and defending the agency's point of view
• Attend client meetings, congresses, and communicate key learnings to team and client
• Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective account management
• Resolve conflict and celebrate success; set clear team priorities; explain client/brand objectives and strategies; define success in terms of the whole team
• Keep senior management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities; provide brand review meeting content
• Monitor industry and therapeutic area and best practices and advances to ensure that Synchrony and our clients are at the cutting edge or leading the field
• Establish and lead cross-functional teams in support of client needs for all Synchrony clients
• Foster and develop collaboration between departments, internal groups, and individuals to ensure innovative and collaborative solutions to client needs while ensuring timely deliver of products and services
• Oversee assigned program financial management and reporting, ensuring team compliance with client contracts, timelines, and budgets
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of marketing and account/client services support or pharmaceutical marketing/sales and/or project management
• History of successful management of more than 2 million dollars of fee/year
• Must be able to travel up to 30 percent of the time.
• Specific industry and/or therapeutic expertise is required
• Substantial experience leading at least 3 of the following activities: medical education activities, medical communications campaigns, promotional medical/marketing initiatives, strategic communications planning, advisory boards, key clinical expert identification and development
• Ability to manage outcomes to win-win resolution Ability to provide management direction and developmental support to direct reports in preparation for future positions; provide challenging and stretching assignments; push tasks down to empower others; share ownership and visibility
• Demonstrated ability to manage key constituent relationships
• Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome challenges or obstacles
• Strong presentation and persuasion skills: Can develop a clear point of view and tell a meaningful "story"; is effective in a variety of settings and group sizes with clients, peers, subordinates, and management; confidently expresses both data/facts, plus more controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group dynamics
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.