Project Manager-Medical Publications
- West Chester, PA
Be part of something great
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients. Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Medical Communications specializes in strategic medical communications, publication planning, and associated scientific content and engagement. Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
Under the direction of the Director, Project Management, and working closely with the Account Services, Scientific Services, Editorial Services, and Creative Services teams, the Project Manager provides support for scientific publications planning and tactical implementation. The Project Manager provides project leadership and management support for the development of abstracts, posters, manuscripts, and other publications-related tactics (“projects”); maintains comprehensive knowledge of the status and timelines for all tactics associated with a product’s publications plan and communicates that knowledge to team members; communicates effectively and thoughtfully with colleagues, clients, and authors; thinks strategically and takes a proactive approach to problem-solving to implement tactics according to predetermined timelines and budgets; and monitors project budgets and works with finance personnel to track and manage billing of all projects.
Please note: this is not an IT/Technical Position.
- Assist in determining and refining project specifications
- Assist in developing proposal cost and timeline estimates based on project specifications
- Coordinate proposal/new business trafficking and deliverables
- Develop project plans and timelines, including statements of work (specifications) and work breakdown structures (tasks)
- Obtain appropriate resourcing to complete projects according to plan and within budget
- Formally initiate projects with internal and external team members
Project Management and Tracking
- Assume overall responsibility to track and maintain status of all projects concerning specifications, timelines, budgets, and deliverables
- Ensure that all specifications of projects sold are delivered to clients
- Initiate and monitor timing of completion of billable project work with internal and external writing, editorial, and creative resources
- Use project-tracking software to set up and manage projects, enter project budgets, trigger invoices, and track project expenses
- Call and run project team meetings to update project status on a weekly or as-needed basis
- Fulfill lead role in resource allocation, scheduling, and prioritization through consultation with Account Services
- Coordinate and delegate fulfillment of client and internal deliverables
- Assume responsibility for on-time delivery of tasks to and from external vendors
- Recognize and evaluate requests for out-of-specification work and develop timely notifications to Account Services
- Forecast cost-to-complete estimates for active projects
- Track active and completed budget totals compared with purchase order contract values
- Monitor project status and request changes in scope, budget, or timeline as appropriate
- Identify, analyze, and proactively communicate budget and timeline risks
- Perform budget reconciliations
Internal and External Communications
- Update internal team members, authors, and clients on a regular basis on status of all projects
- Communicate with authors and/or clients concerning project support issues and changes
- Assist Account Services in addressing and responding to author and/or client requests
- Assist in anticipating and fulfilling author and/or client needs
- Communicate with clients, authors, and external vendors concerning active projects as needed
- Foster and encourage team communications
Quality and Risk Control
- Ensure that all quality control measures (eg, editorial/graphics review) are completed for all projects
- Coordinate internal sources for project information and specifications
- Maintain electronic and (if appropriate) paper files for all projects
- Review project detail reports weekly or as needed to identify incorrectly recorded project hours, and potentially out-of-specification project hours; address or communicate as appropriate
- Analyze potential out-of-specification hours and make corrective recommendations to the team
- Prepare client change orders for out-of-specification requests
- High level of integrity, confidence, and accountability
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to contribute quickly combined with the sense to ask questions when necessary
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail and timelines
- Sound planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Effective attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Understanding of industry guidelines, regulations, and requirements
- Well-developed professional communication skills, including written and interpersonal
- Well-developed sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome challenges or obstacles
- Ability to master various content management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years Project management experience at a medical publications agency, managing publication initiatives is required
- Previous experience managing publication projects utilizing publication database platforms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.