Senior Scientific Director
- West Chester, PA
Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
The Senior Scientific Director will lead the strategic publication planning initiatives. This person manages assigned internal and external medical writing personnel and activities. This person takes responsibility as well as scientific and strategic leadership for quality and execution of assigned programs and activities. The Senior Scientific Director demonstrates a command of relevant therapeutic areas and expertise with assigned products. He/she is able to interpret and apply clinical data and ensure the scientific integrity, clinical relevance, quality, and appropriateness of all scientific communications and associated deliverables. This person will interact with clients, authors, and clinical/scientific experts to lead strategic and scientific activities in support of author-driven initiatives. He/she will write; edit for content, style, and strategy; and complete and/or supervise the completion of educational activities as necessary.
- Take responsibility for quality and execution of all programs managed and implemented by the client or therapeutic area teams
- Manage assigned client or therapeutic area team medical writing personnel and activities
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of medical scientific information related to assigned therapeutic areas, products, and competitors
- Build relationships with authors and clinical/scientific experts
- Prepare/provide competitive intelligence/situation analyses/gap analyses for the account team and clients by collecting and analyzing available data
- Lead internal and external team to support authors in the development of their publication activities in a manner consistent with internal and external policies and industry best practices, including GPP3
- Assume responsibility for content of assigned projects, including relevance, technical accuracy, audience appropriateness, strategy, and consistency with medical communications plan
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities through critical analysis and interpretation of data and review of the literature (new and organic business growth)
- Support new-business teams to ensure data are medically sound and teams are well informed about all medical aspects of the product
- Assist in the development of new-business presentations by analyzing and synthesizing literature, pharmacologic attributes, clinical data, and market research into a strategic application for capabilities
- Work with account and project management teams to develop logical and attainable timelines for project completion
- Collaborate with management and internal and external personnel from all disciplines regarding scientific strategies necessary for new-business opportunities and existing work
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders while ensuring highest quality deliverables and service
- Remote position opportunity - US based
- PhD, PharmD, or MD
- Minimum of 5 years in medical communications with substantial experience leading strategic publication planning and support is required.
- Additional experience leading at least 4 of the following activities is preferred: medical education activities, medical communications campaigns, advisory boards, key clinical expert identification and development
- Previous experience in the diseases states of pain and/or neurology is preferred
- Ability to travel extensively as client needs require
- Expertise in multiple therapeutic areas
- Travel required (<25%)
- Ability to support and conduct presentations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.