PLC Integration Specialist
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 800 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The PLC Integration role is to install, commission, and test PLC controlled equipment at customer sites. PLC Engineers will work side by side with electrical technicians to bring up control cabinets, load and configure PLC software, and execute tests to confirm functionality and performance.
What you will be doing:
- Commission PLC controllers, configure for site.
- Commission HMI and connect with PLCs.
- Load Symbotic software, verify implementation, execute commissioning tests.
- Assist with system integration tests.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- The person taking this position will be required to perform work at our customer installation locations for extended periods of time where equipment is installed or built. We expect the travel to be up to 75-80% of the time
- Two or four year degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or
- university; experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PLCs, HMIs, or equivalent.
- Experience with motion control equipment such as VFDs.
- Able to debug and support via Remote Desktop, SSH, browser, etc.
- Experience with robotic system controls a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Skilled problem solver.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and asking the right questions.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.