- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Our Solutions Engineers are part of our sales team and work closely with our customers, and engineering to develop solutions that leverage Symbotic’s core capabilities. The primary responsibility of the Solutions Engineer is to define customer requirements, analyze, conceptualize and bring to reality the solution best suited to the customer’s specific needs.
- Understand our customer’s business, facility and operational requirements
- Understand the customer’s business case driving the interest for an automated solution
- Support cross functional teams in the development of the concept design
- System sizing analysis using existing and ad hoc tools to develop system options
- Participate in customer site visits to identify any unique operational and/or facility requirements
- Coordinate with estimation team on concept cost estimating and final proposal pricing
- Prepare AutoCAD layouts for concept solutions; have strong spatial reasoning skills
- Identify any unique physical or system requirements for the project. Work closely with cross functional Engineering teams to evaluate options when necessary
- Produce clear and concise documentation
- Develop presentation materials to clearly articulate proposed concepts
- Strong presentation skills to deliver concept solution with confidence to the customer Executive team
- Support Sales team with proposals:
- Participate in pre-sales internal review sessions
- Coordinate input from cross functional teams
- Provide design documentation
- Create and maintain a professional teamwork environment and be an excellent team player while collaborating with Symbotic engineering teams
- BS/BA in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research science or business
- Effective communication skills, detailed documentation skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Data modeling experience and advanced capabilities using Microsoft Excel, MS Excel PowerPivot, SQL databases and Access. Programming skills a plus
- Excellent team player, able to work professionally with members of various engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in rapidly changing environment
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.