Vision Software Developer
- Montréal, QC, Canada
- Temps plein
Description de l'entreprise
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, which drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Description du poste
Reporting to the Vision & Robotic Director, the Vision Software Developer will participate in the design and development of innovative computer vision solutions for applications in the field of warehouse automation. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will participate in the various stages of development, from prototyping to releasing in production.
- Development of software solutions for vision applications including user interfaces, processing algorithms, mathematical modeling, machine learning;
- Participate in the hardware design of computer vision solutions, including:
- System design and component selection (2D and 3D cameras, lighting system, lasers, etc.);
- Development of prototypes;
- Validation of prototypes in our Vision Lab and in our Montreal Test Center;
- On Site Support of our Vision Systems;
- Documentation and preparation for production;
- Planning and development of test benches for quality assurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automated Production Engineering, Engineering Physics or any training deemed equivalent;
- Mastering of C++ and C# programming languages and of the .NET platform;
- Strong skills in programming and algorithm design;
- Knowledge of image processing techniques and/or machine learning;
- Relevant experience in the development of computer vision systems (an asset);
- Relevant experience with robots (an asset);
- Relevant experience with PCL and Matrox Imaging Library (an asset);
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (French and English).
- Excellent synthesis skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Capacity to adapt to an environment of changing priorities.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.