- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 800 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Director of Operations you will be overseeing the success and operation of multiple customer sites across US and Canada. In this role you will set and hold our customer sites to key performance metrics and actively seek out solutions to help improve overall performance and process.
Include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Overall supervision of personnel including staffing, employee relations, evaluations, recruitment, training, payroll, and related matters. Makes decisions regarding hiring, discipline, and termination, subject to the review of the Operations Manager and Human Resources.
- Direct the daily activities of employees as well as sub-contractors.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment.
- Ensure that all work performed under his/her supervision is done in a timely and cost-effective manner according to the applicable codes.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for facilities operations, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, and safety.
- Ensure that all facilities under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversee the status of practices, policies, and procedures as needed to remain in compliance with standards, requirements, and regulations of regulatory agencies.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Special projects and related duties as requested.
- Organize and develop short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Warehouse Automation and Logistics
- Minimum of 5 years managing others in leadership roles
- Experience overseeing several multimillion-dollar concurrent projects.
- Experience with continuous improvement methods.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Strong customer service, communication, and computer skills.