Principal Test Engineer - New Product Development
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Senior or Principal Systems Test Engineer to lead new product development test initiatives for our warehouse automation systems. The qualified candidate will be a driving force behind test strategy development, organization, and execution to validate the function and reliability of Symbotic systems, through collaboration with diverse cross-functional engineering teams.
- Establish test strategy and criteria for New Product Development programs in conjunction with Systems Engineering and other functional groups.
- Contribute to test program development, help build test schedules, set milestones and determine tools and capital equipment requirements.
- Develop test plans for complex systems and components that span competencies such as Hardware, Software, PLC, Embedded Control, and Safety.
- Map functional requirements to test cases to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Provide technical oversight for end-to-end test, from bench-level component tests up through system integration.
- Architect and design test environments and processes to accomplish test objectives.
- Plan and execute Design Verification Test at each phase of design iteration.
- Create detailed Design of Experiments (DOE) to identify sources of variation.
- Guide Reliability Test planning and strategy to surface failure modes early in development cycles, and demonstrate product life objectives.
- Generate test metrics and KPIs that link system performance to customer value.
- Gather and process test results data and summarize into usable formats that characterize the overall technical health of a system or component.
- Perform data analysis of large data sets, using conventional statistical analysis tools.
- Produce very clear, concise presentations and confidently communicate test results and findings to other functional groups and senior management.
- Work with System Engineering, Quality and Operations to advise the testing approach for manufacturing.
- Advise the broader technical community on system performance parameters and how to view those in light of future roadmap objectives and competition.
- BS in Systems, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience developing tests for highly integrated systems with a high degree of hardware and software complexity, preferably robotics or automation.
- Experience with motion control equipment, material handling systems, motors, sensors, vision systems and\or communications protocols highly desirable.
- Fluency on statistics for data analysis and quality control practices.
- Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to organize and present data
- Experience in Python, Linux, LabVIEW, Minitab, SolidWorks, Jira.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to handle multiple tasks with nominal direction
- Willingness to travel as required to support project deliverables
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.